In the last part of this article I have explain how you can configure Subscriber server. Subscriber server is the Secondary or slave server which gets or fetch data from Primary (Publisher) Database.
In Previous three parts I have explained about
Today in last part of this series I am going to explain how you can create the Subcriber to the Publisher which will complete the replication setup. Before we start the configuration please make sure that the hostname of both the servers are configured properly and include proper enteries in hosts file (Please refer Part-I for more information).
Creating a Subscription
1) Go to Management studio (On Publisher Server) and right click on the Publication you have created >> New subcriptions…
2) New Subscription Wizard will open. Press Next
3) Publication: Select the Publication Server from the Drop-down list and then select the Database and publication. Press Next after selection.
4) Distribution Agent Location: There are two type of Subscription i.e. Push Subscription and Pull Subscription using which we can setup replication. In Push Subscription publisher server pushes any changes made on database to the subscriber where as in case of Pull Subscription subscriber pull the data from publisher on a specified time. Push method is useful when the changes in database need to be replicated as soon as they occur.
So, select Push Subscription and press Next.
5) Subscribers: Here you have to select the subscriber i.e. Slave-DB, from the drop down “Add Subscriber” select “Add New SQL Subscriber…“
Read more at eitwebguru.com
You will now get a MSSQL Login prompt which is similar to MSSQL Management Studio. Login to the Subscriber server using the “Hostname” of the server and “SA” Login Details.